BOSTON-AREA MUSICIANS FOR PEACE is a coalition of artists and activists who donate their talents and time to raise public awareness and funds for local peace groups. We will produce at least one benefit concert every couple of months, and seek additional musicians and volunteers (especially if you can provide a venue).
For more information or if you are interested in getting aboard, contact me and join our myspace - www.myspace.com/bam4p
Our first event will be...
VFP, Smedley D. Butler Brigade, Boston
& THE DEMOCRACY CENTER
February 9, 7:30 pm-midnight
Democracy Center, 45 Mt. Auburn St., Harvard Sq.
Sliding scale, $5-15 donation suggested, nobody turned away.
Beth DeSombre http://www.bethdesombre.com/
Chuck Williams http://www.chuckwilliamsmusic.com/
Lenny Solomon http://www.solomonband.com/
Michael Troy http://www.folkmichaeltroy.com/
Please bring a pot luck dish or beverage to share (no alcohol). Non-perishable food items and warm clothing will be accepted to donate to charity.
VFP STATEMENT OF PURPOSE We, having dutifully served our nation, do hereby affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace.
* To this end we will work, with others toward increasing public awareness of the costs of war;
* To restrain our government from intervening, overtly and covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations;
* To end the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate nuclear weapons;
* To seek justice for veterans and victims of war;
* To abolish war as an instrument of national policy;
* To achieve these goals, members of Veterans For Peace pledge to use non-violent means and to maintain an organization that is both democratic and open with the understanding that all members are trusted to act in the best interests of the group for the larger purpose of world peace.