Monday, May 18, 2015

Lisa Garvey out at WUMB

Not a fan of either the program or the station, I learned of the termination in Radio Discussions.

DavidZ is offline

Join Date
Jul 2003
Posts
826

Thread: Lisa Garvey out at WUMB

"I tuned in this morning to the 'A' Train on WUMB and Perry Persoff was hosting the show. He said he was the interim host. I checked out Lisa Garvey's Facebook page and she posted that they let her go last week before her show."



Her announcer profile has been removed from http://www.wumb.org/programs/announcers.php

Since it references her Facebook page, here is Lisa's announcement and the following fan comments:
earned this via


Morning friends. I'm sorry to tell you that I won't be on the air today. I was let go from WUMB this morning.
Like · Comment · 

...and this was posted four days later.

I had hoped that all your letters and emails might help but I asked my managers at WUMB to reconsider terminating me and they said no. (Don't know if they plan to keep the show going without me. I sure hope not). Anyway, thank you so much for your support and kind words. It means a lot to me. More than you know. LG

Re "
(Don't know if they plan to keep the show going without me. I sure hope not)" don't hold your breath, when WUMB terminated Barnes Newbury, it continued with a new host.
See 

Sunday, April 25, 2010

No comments: