Monday, January 28, 2013

More personnel changes at UMass Boston's WUMB

In Towards Independent College / Community Radio WUMB

member Carol Lashnits reports:
Carol Lashnits 
Why is Dave Palmater doing Acoustic Sunrise today and not Naomi Aronberg? Is this a case of another disappearing UMB staff member? I hope he's just filling in today!!Like · · Yesterday at 11:26am
View 1 more comment

Towards Independent College / Community Radio WUMB I was away and did not listen. Was it scripted or did Dave have free artistic license?
2 hours ago · Like

Carol Lashnits Naomi was laid off for financial reasons. I'd say scripted...not what Naomi and Dick before her were playing. I expressed my distress over that decision in an email just now to Patty Domeniconi. Not that it matters to them.
2 hours ago · Like
Towards Independent College / Community Radio WUMB I was away and did not listen. Was it scripted or did Dave have free artistic license?2 hours ago · Like 
Carol Lashnits Naomi was laid off for financial reasons. I'd say scripted...not what Naomi and Dick before her were playing. I expressed my distress over that decision in an email just now to Patty Domeniconi. Not that it matters to them.2 hours ago · Like 
At the time of this posthttp://wumb.org/programs/announcers.phpshows Naomi as a staff member.
Towards Independent College / Community Radio WUMB At the time of this posthttp://wumb.org/programs/announcers.phpshows Naomi as a staff member.View 1 more comment 

WUMB Radio - Announcers - Naomi Arenberg
wumb.org


I sincerely hope this was not the case, Naomi is a close friend, a very talented producer/host and victim of past NPR affiliate lay-offs (WGBH and WCAI).



Screen capture of http://wumb.org/programs/announcers.php taken at 3:56pm:


Naomi Arenberg
ANNOUNCER:
Naomi Arenberg 

SHOWS:

Acoustic Sunrise 
Sunday 8:00 am


Contact
Radio and music have been my treasured companions throughout most of my life. There’s nothing more satisfying than sharing great music, and radio provides a way to do that on a regular basis.
I was lucky enough to attend a high school where one of the extra-curricular activities was “The Folk Group.” After a year of performing with this ensemble, I was hooked on acoustic music. Then, attending live performances by Odetta, Steve Goodman, and Joan Baez sealed my devotion to folk and traditional music.
From 2004 to 2009 I co-hosted “Folk On WGBH,” which was the sequel to Dick Pleasants’ “The Folk Heritage.” From 2000 to 2011 I was the local host of “All Things Considered” on WCAI, the Cape and Islands NPR Station. From time to time I sing folk, blues, or jazz in concert.
I live in southeastern Massachusetts with my husband, son, and several cats. The beach and the garden are always close at hand.

Update February 1, 2013.

In the weekend program schedule, "Acoustic Sunrise" redirects to Dave Palmater's profile - http://wumb.org/programs/announcers.php?AnnouncerID=7

And Naomi has been remomved from the announcer list:
Marilyn Rea Beyer
Gail Gilmore
Brendan Hogan
George Knight
Jay Moberg
Albert O
Dave Palmater
Marcia Palmater
Perry Persoff
Sandy Sheehan
Dana Westover

No comments: